Thursday, May 16, 2013

Journal #9: Sick Leave

I feel like this week hasn't happened yet. This is due to the fact that I was sick on Monday and Tuesday, and only came to school on Monday to complete my AP Biology exam. Today actually feels like a Wednesday to me. So far, Jachelle and Patricia have revised our "How-To" Script, and Jachelle has come up with a shotlist for the camera operators. I am glad that film has been very non-stressful this week because I am swamped with prep for the Industrial Management class next year and with History, Math, and English classwork/homework I fell behind in due to my illness. I still have strong confidence in my group, and I know our how-to scrapbook video will be as awesome as humanly possible. We still have to work on the set design, but other than that, we are prepared. I cannot wait to do a trial run tomorrow during class.

Also film-related, I am going to the South Bay Student Video Festival tomorrow at 7 at my previous high school, Mira Costa. Although there is no Kennedy work (which makes me cry inside), I cannot wait to see the wonderful masterpieces that other schools have created and, in doing so, find out what standards I have to meet in order to get something of mine (or of Kennedy's) placed in a film festival next year.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick, although you sounded a bit better last week!
    I also have confidence in our group which was strengthen with the trial run we had last week. Of course there were still some mistakes but that's only to be expected considering this is our first time doing this sort of project.
    However, I'm sure we'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad it has been a non-stressful week for you in film :) Well, I, on the other hand, had a terrible time on friday. I couldn't think straight. Too many things were going on. I was trying to balance reading the script, calling the shots, listening to the actors, and watching the screens all at the same time. Thanks for giving me the director job, guys :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be the #emotionalsupport. Marissa, I can make you feel better... with force. Or a secret asian remedy made from the blood of my enemies. Either one works.
    I agree with Alexa, and jachelle don't trip! You did fine, and we trust you with the director job because we know you'll get it down.

    ReplyDelete