Thursday, May 2, 2013

Journal #7: I Can See the Finish Line

This week was much more demanding and tiring than I had planned it to be. Except for Monday, I spent every day after school editing. On Wednesday, I stayed until 8 and still wasn't near being done. On Thursday, I skipped 4th, 5th, and part of 6th period along with using homeroom time, before school time, 3rd period, and after school time to work on the project. Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep because I was worrying about my film project. I feel drained of energy from the past two weeks, and I am ready to cross the finish line tomorrow at the beginning of 3rd period despite the numerous (yet tiny) flaws in the film.

While editing, there have been different problems that have come up. In one scene, the camera angle of Bryan is vividly colored, but the camera angle of Marlin is flat and lacks color which causes the shots to look inconsistent once edited side by side. Also, in our climax scene, some of the shots are underexposed. This is because our actress Rebecca had to leave, so we rushed the most important scene so that we could get it done in time. Now, this inevitable lack of time is biting us in the ass.

I am so proud of Laura Macias for all the editing work she has accomplished. She is truly an angel from heaven, and I love her to pieces for her dedication to this project. Tonight, she was the only one in my group who stayed with me and helped me edit the rest of the film. I just want to thank her for everything she's done in the name of this project. She is truly a hard worker who never gives up, which is something I prize above almost everything else.

Tomorrow, we shall see how our hard work turns out. Hopefully, it will not be too horrible, but I have some confidence that everything will go well. We shall see tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I love Laura Macias too! She be my main girl. Haha :) I understand what you mean. I love the fact that we work as a group. We don't let each other down. Some of our shots were kind of messed up too and we had to find ways around them. And the lack of time... I hate restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project was without doubt, time-consuming. However, Mr. Lemos did mention the fact that we had plenty of time over spring break to film but not all the actors or group members could meet and that is what stopped most of us. Due to this, the project has taught me that pre-production is truly essential because it ties everything together through proper organization and planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow seems like you guys had much work to get things done this week. Your movie came out good. The editing was great. Laura did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete