Thursday, May 9, 2013

Journal #8: A New Page

This week, we began a brand new project: the "how to" video, which is to be shot with a 3 camera setup. This is something completely new to me, for I left Mira Costa behind before I learned how to set up the Mustang Morning News equipment. So far in this class, I have basically been reviewing previous knowledge (minus the film noir unit), so I find learning something so different from what I've previously done to be refreshing.

During the week, we had to write a one page pitch and a script for our how-to idea. I found this extremely challenging since I wanted something that no one else would do. I trashed myriad ideas and eventually settled on how to survive Mr. Lemos' class for my pitch. However, I was still dissatisfied with my choice. Because of this, I decided to change my idea for the script. In the script, I chose to do a how to on setting up a Facebook account for senior citizens. I felt that this was unique and that it could be easily done. Despite this, I still am not very happy with it. I feel like my creativity was staunched this week, and I don't quite know the reason why. Perhaps because I was so worried about my AP Spanish exam and results, or my upcoming AP Biology exam next Monday. Whatever it was, I am not exactly ecstatic about my ideas this week, and I would be completely ok if we used anyone else's idea for our video.

I am excited about the group I have been placed in. I feel that most, if not all, of my group will put in the effort and time needed to make this project as good as it can be, despite any obstacles the group may face. I hope that my expectations of our group are met, and we make a fantastic how-to. Now, I just have to find someone in my group who has a better script than I do!

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling with trashing all the ideas . I thought of my idea after so many other trashed ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cough....howtotampon....coughcough... :)
    <7

    ReplyDelete