Thursday, May 23, 2013

Journal #10: Mishaps

So our How-To video did not go as smoothly as planned. I feel that we could have prepared much better than we did. I think that we needed to go through a run-through with our talent and crew before the actual date. I think we procrastinated our work to the point where it was detrimental to our success.

I was pleased that everyone showed up to help with the lighting on Wednesday. Our group was extremely dedicated to the project, despite the procrastination. I think that, given a second chance, our final product would be much smoother and more organized. Now that we have the experience of failing under our belts, we will try much harder on the morning show, which is seen by the entire school.

I think that communication was also confused during our filming session today. It was hard for our director to keep track of everything and everyone (as it should be, I don't blame her at all because I would have done the same things she did). Also, I screwed up a few times while we were recording. I probably should have gotten more sleep the two nights before...but what's done can't be undone.

All in all, I think that a lack of organization and preparation caused our group's downfall today. I know that after feeling the way I did after we were unsuccessful, I will never make the same mistakes again. I'm positive  my group-mates will agree.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, our how-to video was not the best because a lot of last minute changes were made and unexpected circumstances occurred. Our set collapsed after we all spent so much time and effort so it made it seem like it was all for nothing. However, I believe we did the best we could given the situation and I know that with further practice, we will be all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really happy that everyone showed up for lighting too. And you're right, if we had even just one complete run-through, maybe things would have gone more smoothly. But we can't live in maybes. For what it's worth, we did all of our bests.

    ReplyDelete