Thursday, November 15, 2012

Three Scenes, One Movie

Sorkin's Steve Jobs Bio Pic to Consist of Only Three Scenes

Director the untitled Steve Jobs Bio Pic movie has revealed a shocking piece of information about the movie: there will only be three scenes. Each scene will last about a half hour of "real-time". They will all depict the launch of 3 different major Apple products in Jobs' career: the original Macintosh computer, the NeXT Cube, and the first iPod.

This caught my attention due to the headline advertising an extremely creative use of only 3 scenes for an hour and a half movie. I am intrigued by the idea of a film that is limited to that parameter. I did not know that anyone of this generation would attempt something so bold on a film that will be so mainstream.

As a student, this makes me want to look back into the history of Apple and find out how the movie will still captivate audiences' attention in only 3 scenes. Maybe looking back at the release day of these 3 products will give me some insight. As a future filmmaker, the idea of a movie with 3 scenes inspires me to continue to be as creative as I can be once I get into the industry. As a consumer, I am now excited to see this movie, whereas before I was planning on blowing it off. I cannot wait to see how this movie plays out.

This leaves me with a few questions for Sorkin. Is this method of storytelling actually effective? How will it continue to captivate audiences that are used to action-heavy, fast-paced Hollywood films? How long would this take to film? These questions will hopefully be answered in the future by the ingenious director.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, only 3 scenes? I feel like he's probably going to cheat. I mean, there's always ways to cheat, right? Lemos told us as much. I'm concerned that only 3 scenes might make an hour and a half film too boring to bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jachelle when she stated that a movie with only 3 scenes might become too boring for those that enjoy more fast-paced action as you mentioned in your article. However, it does seem very interesting that such a challenge will be attempted with a very popular and beloved topic: the life of the iconic Steve Jobs. No matter what though, I will definitely be interested in watching the movie :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm surprised that they are only using three scenes to show our lord and savior's success in our world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is that possible? 3 scenes is way to little in my opinion. I guess we just have to find out how it will turn out.

    ReplyDelete