Thursday, October 25, 2012

To the Left

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/25/pro-obama-movie-to-get-anti-obama-ads/

Anti-Barack Obama ads will be played during a pro-Obama movie airing on National Geographic. The movie, which is a Weinstein production, is an overexaggeration of Obama's role in the murder of Osama bin Laden. The movie team was forced to cut part of the movie that showed Mitt Romney against the murder of this heinous criminal.

This caught my attention because it is more political lies on the left-wing side. Many are aware of what goes on on the right, but the same people are nearly oblivious to the fact that all the same things that happen on the right also happen on the left. It fascinates me how much politicians skewer the truth.

As a student, this helps me understand that neither political party is very satisfactory, and that I should be aware of corruption on both sides of the spectrum. As a filmmaker, this article tells me that biased work can still be made even if I personally disagree with it. As a consumer, it alerts me to the fact that I have to be wary of all the lies flung at me from both political parties.

A disconcerting question this article raises for me are how much integrity the movie business has. Are all films slightly biased, whether political, social, or otherwise? Another question I have is how involved Obama was in the creation of this film. Was it his intention to exaggerate the truth? Hopefully this last one gets answered soon.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about acknowledging the fact that both political parties lie in order to make their image shine better. Yet, in spite of this, I still hold hope for both the presidential candidates because in the end, they are Americans and only desire the best for our country. Although they both have different ways in establishing their image, sometimes I believe it does go a bit too far with ads such like these, but I guess this is only to be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I'm not really into politics. Whenever I watch the debate, I feel like both presidential candidates are more focused on making the other look bad instead of actually focusing on the nation's problems. I highly doubt Obama was involved with the film. I mean, why would he be? It basically ruins his reputation as a president. Then again, freedom of speech, right? He can't really do anything to prevent the film from being released.

    ReplyDelete