Thursday, October 18, 2012

Carrie Remake?

First Teaser Trailer for Carrie Remake: Watch Now

The teaser trailer for the remake of the infamous Stephen King based movie Carrie has been released. In the trailer, burning buildings are shown along with a blood-covered Chloe Grace Moretz, the star of the remake. The film is about a troubled young teen who realizes she has telekinetic powers. A series of events leads to inevitable bloodshed and destruction. The movie is set to premiere in 2013.

This is big news because the original book and the first film, which premiered in 1976, were both highly successful. This resurgence of a classic horror film will draw people young and old to witness the reinvention of the movie. It also shows the tendency for production companies to lean toward remakes of films.

I am thrilled as a filmmaker to see how director Kimberly Peirce recreates this epic horror film. Will she keep faithful to the old, or will she go out of her way to make it unique and different? As a consumer, I am also ecstatic to see a remake of one of my favorite horror movies of all time (and no, it's not just because they filmed a lot of it at my elementary/middle school). I want to see Chloe Grace Moretz shine once again. As a student, I look for things that enable me to do more things with new people, and going to see Carrie with some friends is a perfect way to socialize.

This article makes me wonder if it can live up to the standards of the first movie. Is it a mistake to make a remake of such an iconic horror movie? Are remakes in general mistakes? Just some things to ponder.

Even though I have some doubts, nothing will stop me from seeing this reinvention of Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment